Monday, January 25, 2010

scratch film junkies

I cetainly appreciate it as art work (the work of the scratch film junkies), and I love that it has the opportunity to be interpreted in so many ways by all audiences. I have managed to pick up my dad's synecism toward interpretive film at the moment though haha, it's terrible haha. Maybe its the hours of interpretive animations at the film festivals I went to that has temporarily turned me off I don't know, either way I will stop being so judgmental for a second and say what I appreciated haha.
First of all, I was unsure in my first day of class if the films were manually made or digitally, I suspected manually (according to my notes haha), and was pleased to here this was true. I am definitely more appreciative of manual art in comparison to digital.
According to my notes, I saw angst initially in the work, but as the colour melted to purples with the transition of the music from a marching beat to individual new footprints I felt a greater sense of opportunity, accomplishment and growth.
The style was really beautiful actually, I do still love the idea of experimenting, and exploring the techniques.
All in all I will say yes I appreciated it.

1 comment:

  1. I also want to add, having done a bit of animation I DEFINITELY appreciate the effort of the manual work, the morphing of the imagery and colour was beautiful and I definitely got excited when we got to start painting on film strips, so much fun haha.
    So yes I like the scratch film junkies =P

    Peace out all

    ReplyDelete