Monday, February 8, 2010

Camera less Filmmaking so far- Blog 3

I absolutely love it so far, it’s like being in primary school again, painting, experimenting with different tools, methods, styles, materials; it is so much fun. At this stage I am eager to see where the subject will go from here, to see how I will progress and develop in camera less production. Since my first response about the scratch film junkies; I feel as though my opinions are changing; typical for me, always challenging mine and all ideas but in an attempt to keep learning, keep present. My original slight scepticism toward the productions comes from having a very cynical, realistic, opposite of 'arty’ dad (ha-ha); and my incredibly annoying tendency to believe everything he says is always right (hahaha). Having said this, I am actually quite the opposite of my dad, which he finds entertaining, seizing every opportunity to bag me out for my “artsy-hippy” lifestyle (hahaha =P). So though I study film, I’m covered in paint half the time and live with my head in the clouds, my background forever keeps me seeing the pragmatic side to life is the point (=p).

My experiences with camera less film making so far, has reminded me of it’s beauty as we experiment with our works. The idea that as I cut out magazine articles and paste them onto a strip of film along with (however many of us are in the class’s =P) other stories to create an intangible story, that allows the viewers to take their own interpretation. It is beautiful because the audience can escape into the colour, light and pattern flow: and as the Synesthesia topic of last week concluded the audience can feel the conceptual vision.

I love the whole idea of making productions without (the camera) what many would assume to be the main ingredient. I love experimenting with materials of the world to manually direct a story. I love getting my hands messy. I love that I hate that I don’t know what it’s going to look like. I love that it’s literally a moving canvas. I am excited to combine techniques I practise with now and new techniques I discover, with films I create in the future. If I haven’t mentioned yet (ha-ha) I LOVE that it’s manual manipulation rather than digital. Overall I am thoroughly enjoying my experiences with camera less film making so far, I am very excited for everything else we are about to learn and everything we will discover on our own as well with experimentation. And I’m not gonna lie I’m very excited for class tomorrow =P.

Peace be
Channy

1 comment: