Monday, April 19, 2010

Mystery Workshop response.~..

Today pretty much reminded me of the fact that were living in a world in which science fiction ideas are more and more becoming realities. Its insane to me that we just casually made a 3D short in the space of a few hours.

On the topic of 3D im unsure as to how successful it will ever be in the industry. I had to go to a conference in Sydney Australia for a group called SMPTE who basically organise a gathering of the biggest manufactures of production equipment and such in the country. It was a great experience, got to see some of the finest stuff, like tv helicopters for sale and huge OB trucks it was cool. But one of the other parts were the release of 3D cameras, as there trying to slip them into replacing normal TV's with 3D. It is not an established notion yet Im quite sure =P. As I mentioned earlier too I'm not sure as too how successful this would be. Just because of the fact that you have top wear the glasses all the time, and it would be quite a headache to casually have the fuzzy images playing in the background as normal TV's might now. But, it's till an awesome thing, that we can have that visual experience, where the screen is given the added dimension to look so close to reality. It had potential to open alot of new doors I feel.
Also everyone loves to go see a good 3D film at the cinemas. =P

It was a great experience though, and I'm still so blown away as to how simple it really was to accomplish. Im sad I didn't think to invent it HAHAHA.
Technology is an interesting thing to me, it fascinates me in many ways, and at the same time scares the hell out of me. Sometimes its my friend and I find alot of benefits, like how close it brings the world together I've notices more since being here; as its so easy to contact my friends and family on the other side of the world and such. Other times it hates me like when my computer and hardrive both decide to hate me in one weekend and comit suicide. HAHA
At the end of the day it has benefits and negatives, and thats just life. Hopefully we keep it manageable though and don't get too sucked into the screen, (see the slight pun there hahahha).

The star wars shoot was also a fun experience. If there's one thing I've learned from 6x1 it's that it reminded see how simple and enjoyable it can be and is to make productions. In other production classes I've had I almost lost that idea, just because of how much stress is put into some projects, planning managing forms, being forced to practise for the industry. And though those are good things to practise still too, 6x1 has brought the life back into production.
Im so ready to go enter a bunch of 48hr film festivals now for examole =P. Something inside me before said that was a crazy idea, too much pressure.

On a side note in relation to the 48hr, I loved the experience for the similar to the above reasons. But as well that the beauty of the 48hr is that you don't know whats going to happen, you have to think of an idea past, theres no time to over think it, you have to be creative and in the moment with this crazy little light bulb dude. It was great haha.

I went off track as usual, but yes, once again class was great, and Im about to go make my friends jealous in Australia that I got to play with 3D while I was here and build a fort hahaha.
Living off canned goods and rice for months was worth it!! =P HAHA

Peace be from Channy K-b

No comments:

Post a Comment