Monday, April 12, 2010

What is my "rough theatre"?

I suppose the rought theatre to me is everything I encounter unexpectedly. Everything I learn from my practises. Just as in life I love to accept all possobilities, all ideas, all arguments, to learn and become vastly as aware as possible. I like to do the same with film, to make new discoveries and encourage different and new approaches to techniques that appear at me.
I like to use or appreciate mistakes (like in my rythmic when my hair got in the way but I ended up liking it).
Rought theatre is a great concept, and the reading makes me want to go and see a rought theatre play based on those sorts of ideas, or see a film, I believe it would be interesting.
Tonight was a little too much for me, and since I fell asleep in a strange disacoiated state and woke up just now remembering to do this I feel limited to what I want to say. Since I'm still a little (well know out of it) but in disbelief at how today went.
But the my ideas on the rough theatre I find intuiging, interesting, and I would like to explore these ideas further. Some of the greatest things cannot be planned, and the greatest adventures come from spontanuity.
I think this applies to film to, to be open to new ideas is important, to keep your projects in the moment and fulfilled by the fresh appeal of spontanuity. To not get caught up in what you think you want, and to be open to developing progression I feel is very important.
In the 48 hour I feel these ideas of keeping in the moment became important, as I didn;t want to second guess myself. I wanted to appreciate my original idea and go straight with that, and allow whatever flowed from that to be incorporated. I feel I succeeded in that way, not that I ended up using all ideas, but things felt they flowed nicely. And my ideas definitely progressed as i saw things even day to day. For example i saw a girl drawing outside, which inspired me to draw a fictional space for my hand people (of my film) and allow it to come to life by stop motion (I didnt use it coz there wasn't enought time in a minute) but it inspired thought, in the moment, which I liked/appreciated.
The rought theatre is a great concept that I am glad to consider as I work, and am intuiged to see some more specific examples of "rough theatre" if I can.
(It's also is relevant to another class i have where we were assigned to research film fetivals, some of which i found have specific entries for rough cuts. I understand what this is for, but I am interested to see what some look like and to appreciate what the works are for 'what they are' in that stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment